Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Development
- Broadcasting & Media
- Mobile Entertainment
- Passed national USPAP exam
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A., Liberal Arts, Sarah Lawrence College
- Experienced broadcast and media executive in wireless broadband and mobile entertainment.
- Served as EVP and General Counsel for HC2 Broadcasting group overseeing the regulation of 250 television stations, including repacking cost reimbursement from the FCC.
- Facilitated strategic communications and policy issues before the FCC and Congress relating to broadcast regulation while SVP of Policy and Strategy at Sinclair Broadcast Group. Also, advanced technology development and new video and data distribution business models.
- As the Senior Advisor for Broadcast Spectrum at the FCC, worked with stakeholders in the television broadcast industry in planning the multi-billion dollar Broadcast Incentive Auction.
- While at Sprint Nextel (T-Mobile), oversaw corporate development, planning, and finance professionals responsible for a long-term growth strategy for WiMAX mobile broadband network.
- Negotiated and managed contracts with major media partners and other strategic alliances. Worked closely with CEO and Chairman on numerous matters of strategic significance to XM Satellite Radio.
- Began her career at what is now Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, structuring and negotiating venture capital investments, strategic alliances, and joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, privatization, commercial debt financing, and corporate restructurings. Technology practice included negotiating IP development, licensing agreements, content distribution agreements, and e-commerce arrangements.
- Member of the Federal Communications Bar Association.