Areas of Expertise
- Satellite Technology
- Satellite and Telecom Strategy
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, The Wharton School (University of Pennsylvania)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, the University of Adelaide (in South Australia)
- Mr. George Giagtzoglou has been the President of Alazo Consulting since early 2017. Alazo delivers expert satellite industry insights to support strategic investments and acquisitions. Clients include companies seeking to invest in satellite communications, satellite operators, satellite industry vendors, banks, bondholders with satellite industry debt, private equity firms, and satellite bandwidth customers seeking to restructure their business.
- From 2012 – 2017 Mr. Giagtzoglou was the head of Corporate Development at ABS Global with responsibilities including corporate development, corporate & regional strategy, business planning, market intelligence, satellite business case development, and financing.
- Prior to ABS, he was with Intelsat for 11 years as the head of Corporate Strategy & Planning and also led Corporate Development, Global Marketing, Product Strategy & Development, and Business Development. Mr. Giagtzoglou was instrumental in various company sale processes in 2005 and 2008, and the acquisition of PanAmSat in 2006. He played a key role in developing and commercializing the company’s capabilities, primarily in the area of broadband services.
- Prior to joining Intelsat in 2000, Mr. Giagtzoglou’s career in the space and telecommunications industry included engagement leadership positions in the telecommunications practice of A.T. Kearney Management Consultants, and senior engineering and business management positions at Telstra (Australia).