Who is Collecting Data
Data will be collected by Summit Ridge Group, LLC ("Summit Ridge Group").
Data We Collect
Summit Ridge Group collects the following categories of personal data:
Contact data: We may collect information about data subjects such as name and contact details (email, phone number, etc.) in order to communicate and facilitate the provision of our services with our clients or potential clients. For example, contact details of individuals who work for or on behalf of the clients, in order to carry out the client’s engagement with Summit Ridge Group.
- Services data: Personal data may be provided to us by clients to the extent required to perform the services. Summit Ridge Group may also acquire personal data from a third party at the direction of our client as required to perform services;
- Marketing information: We may collect information to respond to inquiries regarding our products and services or to provide you with information, reports, or updates; and
- Website visitor information: when you visit our website, we may collect information about your visit such as your IP address and the pages you visited and when you use our services we may collect information on how you use those services.
Clients and other Third parties who provide personal information to Summit Ridge Group must do so in compliance with applicable data privacy regulations.
Processing of Personal Data
We collect personal data to offer and administer our services and products. These include valuation advisory, transaction opinions, investment banking, dispute consulting, and management consulting services. The data you provide to us will be processed in accordance with the purposes specified in this policy, namely:
- To provide the products or perform the services requested by clients and individuals pursuant to a letter of engagement, statement of work, or similar (where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests in conducting and managing our business)
- To provide the products or perform the services requested by clients and individuals using our website or web applications (where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests in conducting and managing our business)
- For complying with obligations provided by laws, current regulations and European legislation (e.g. tax regulations) (where processing is based on a legal obligation)
- For legitimate business purposes to advise you through e-mail, phone call, electronic communication, or postal mailings, in the framework of our ordinary commercial relationship, about other products or services similar to the products or services we have provided to you and that we think will be of interest to you (where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests)
- For marketing purposes. For example, we may use your information to further discuss your interest in the Services and to send you information regarding Summit Ridge Group promotions, events, products or services;
- If you are located in the EU, we will only send you marketing communications and updates about our products, services and events with your prior consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time;
- If you are not located in the EU, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications and updates at any time; and
- You can manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of Summit Ridge Group’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request to admin@SummitRidgeGroup.com.
Summit Ridge Group has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized Summit Ridge Group personnel and third party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and service providers are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions however, Summit Ridge Group cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data. Whenever we process your personal data for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests - we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You have the right to object to this processing if you wish.
How data is processed
Personal data is processed both manually and electronically in accordance with the above-mentioned purposes and in compliance with current regulations. We permit only authorized Summit Ridge Group employees and Third-Party processors to have access to your information. Such employees and Third-Party processors are appropriately designated and trained to process data only according to the instructions we provide them.
Storage of Personal Data
Summit Ridge Group will retain personal data for a reasonable period, taking into account legitimate business needs to capture and retain such information. Information will also be retained for a period necessary to comply with state, local, federal regulations, or country specific regulations and requirements, and in accordance with Summit Ridge Group’s Document Retention Schedule.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
We share personal data among Summit Ridge Group affiliates and subsidiaries who act for Summit Ridge Group for the purposes set out in this policy.
Summit Ridge Group may share your information with external third parties, such as vendors, consultants and other service providers who are performing certain services on behalf of Summit Ridge Group. Such third parties have access to personal data solely for the purposes of performing the services specified in the applicable service contract, and not for any other purpose. Summit Ridge Group requires these third parties to undertake security measures consistent with the protections specified in this policy.
Summit Ridge Group may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
If Summit Ridge Group’s business enters into a joint venture with or is merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners.
Cross – Border Transfers of Personal Data
Summit Ridge Group has clients across the globe. Personal information may be transferred, accessed and stored globally as necessary for the uses stated above in accordance with this policy, and in compliance with local regulations.
Data concerning EU data subjects may be transferred to or processed in locations outside of the EU only where one of the following safeguards is in effect:
- Transfers to certain countries which the EU Commission has determined ensures an adequate level of protection; or
- Transfers pursuant to standard contractual clauses or contract terms ensuring adequate data protection.
You have the following rights concerning your data processed by Summit Ridge Group:
- Access: You have the right to access personal information that Summit Ridge Group holds about you.
- Rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify information Summit Ridge Group holds about you if it is inaccurate or not complete.
- Erasure: You can request that Summit Ridge Group erase your personal data. We may keep basic data to identify you and retain it solely for preventing further unwanted processing.
- Restrict Processing: You have the right to ask Summit Ridge Group to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future.
- Object to processing: Where processing is based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to Summit Ridge Group processing your data. Summit Ridge Group will discontinue processing your data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. We may keep basic data to identify you and retain it solely for preventing further unwanted processing.
- Portability: Where processing is based on consent or performance of a contract, you have the right to data portability. Summit Ridge Group must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes in a safe and secure way without this effecting the usability of your data. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to Summit Ridge Group as the Data Controller.
Please contact legal@SummitRidgeGroup.com to request access, rectification, or erasure, or to restrict processing, to object to processing, to request data portability.
Providing Information to Summit Ridge Group
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, it may be an impediment to the exchange of information necessary for the execution of the contract or provision of services, and we may not be able to provide you with some services and you may not be able to participate in some of the activities on our website(s).
The Summit Ridge Group website is not designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and Summit Ridge Group does not intentionally collect or maintain personal data about anyone under this age.
Third Party Websites or Other Services
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Summit Ridge Group operated websites, mobile apps or other digital services, including those that may be linked through Summit Ridge Group websites or services, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies or notices published thereon.
Please contact us with questions, concerns, or complaints at:
Summit Ridge Group, LLC
For data subjects located in the EU: if we are not able to satisfactorily resolve your questions, concerns, or complaints, or if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes on your rights under applicable data protection laws, you have the right, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedies, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular, in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. Contact information for the supervisory authorities may be found here: EU Data Protection Authorities.